Did you know that by volunteering for the National Foundation for Ectodermal Dysplasias (NFED) you could earn The President’s Volunteer Service Award? Presidential recognition sets you apart from your peers. It is a tremendous honor.
Just ask Avani Deshpande, a teen who received our first Presidential Service Award earlier this year. Even though, you may not seek recognition, your example can deliver a powerful message that encourages others to take action and join our Helping Hands program. It really looks good on a resume, or college/trade school application as well as financial assistance to attend a college/trade school. Take that first step towards your Presidential Service Award.
Get involved and be part of our family. Check out all of the ways you can volunteer for the NFED. Right now, we especially need families to visit their legislators and help with advocacy. We also need volunteers to write your experience with insurance companies and share your story with us for our advocacy efforts. Would you like to plan an NFED @Home event? You could sign up to volunteer to do that.
Are you ready to help? You can fill out a volunteer application and/or check out our volunteer opportunities. You can make your mark by becoming part of our helping hands program. We need you!
Have you thought of creating awareness and at the same time generating funding for the NFED to help us with our mission? We do not receive any government assistance. We solely rely on private donations and fundraising to be able to continue with financial assistance, research, and programs important to you.
Download These Tool Kits for Specific Events and Activities
In the last year, we created several toolkits to help volunteers fundraise.
- Bowling for Bites Tool Kit – Follow these easy steps to plan a bowling fundraiser.
- Cookies for a Cure Tool Kit – Learn how to sell cookies as an easy way to fundraise.
- Don’t Sweat It Walk Run Took Kit – This comprehensive tool kit will walk you through every step of this fun event.
- Dining for Dollars Tool Kit – Learn how to plan an easy fundraiser at a restaurant.
- Garage Sale Tool Kit – Provides guidance for an easy-to-execute yard sale fundraiser that can be very easy and fun.
If you have any questions, call me at 618-566-6871 or email me. I would love to talk to you, provide you with support and get you going towards your first Presidential Service Award!