Finding a dentist to treat the complexities of ectodermal dysplasia can be difficult. We have created a network of Dental Treatment Centers throughout the United States to help solve this problem. Our experienced partners at universities and in private practice treat those with ectodermal dysplasia using a multi-disciplinary team approach and most often at more affordable costs.
It is your responsibility to decide if the care is appropriate for you. You are also responsible for all payment of associated fees, which vary according to the location, and all travel, lodging and meal expenses associated with treatment. Treatment at our treatment centers is more affordable than elsewhere, but not free. You can apply to our Treatment Assistance Program for financial help if you meet the criteria.
We traveled from Hawaii to California to see Dr. Johnson who has teamed up with the foundation, in order to offer his superb talents at a discounted price for families with ectodermal dysplasia. After a six week process we were able to take his set home. Words cannot express a mother’s happiness watching her son bite into chicken nuggets for the first time where before he never would eat meat. My little guy had zero complaints about his new teeth. He loves them. I love them and I am so very thankful we were able to provide it for him with all of the help from my family and friends.– Sheila
Participating Dental Treatment Centers
- Dental Specialists of Virginia (Richmond, VA)
- Montefiore Department of Dentistry (New York)
- New York Center for Orthognathic and Maxillofacial Surgery (NYCOMS)
- Ozark Prosthodontics (Fayetteville, Arkansas)
- Saint Louis University Center for Advanced Dental Education
- San Diego Ectodermal Dysplasia Dental Center (SDEDDC)
- Southern Illinois University School of Dental Medicine
- The Ohio State University College of Dentistry
- The University of Illinois at Chicago College of Dentistry
- The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Trinity Valley Oral Surgery and Dental Implant Center (Dallas, Texas)
- Tufts University School of Dental Medicine (Boston, MA)
- University of Alabama at Birmingham
- University of California, San Francisco
- University of Colorado School of Dental Medicine (Adult Referrals)
- University of Connecticut
- University of Pennsylvania
How to Apply to Participate
- Do NOT contact the center directly as you will not receive the benefits of our program if you do so.
- Complete a profile in the Ectodermal Dysplasias International Registry.
- Email email@example.com with the following information:
- Applicant’s Name
- Date of Birth
- Phone Number
- Guardian Name (If Applicable)
- Include a letter from a physician confirming the diagnosis of ectodermal dysplasia
- We will contact you after receipt and review the above information.
- We will refer you to a contact person at the appropriate center
- You will be responsible for contacting the center to arrange an appointment for an intra-oral evaluation.
- We will also share your name with the Dental Treatment Center staff.