Learn about four of the five major symptoms of ectodermal dysplasias in this webinar with pediatric dermatologist, Dr. Alanna Bree. She presents in-depth information about how the sweat glands, skin, hair and nails can be affected and ways to manage or treat them.
You will learn:
- about the importance of loving the skin you are in
- how to respond to others who may ask about your skin changes
- how ectodermal dysplasias can affect the sweat glands
- the signs of overheating and cooling techniques
- about the various ways skin is affected in different types of ectodermal dysplasia and at what ages
- how to treat eczema, dry skin, hyperpigmentation, skin erosions, papillomas, and more
- how hair is affected and what you can do to treat it
- about common nail issues by type of ectodermal dysplasia and how to treat them
About the Expert
Alanna F. Bree, M.D. is a board-certified pediatric dermatologist, and the Executive Director of a non-profit organization, A Children’s House for the Soul, which she founded to offer social, emotional and spiritual support for children and teens with birthmarks and skin conditions.
Her special interests in pediatric dermatology include birthmarks and genetic skin diseases, as well as the social, emotional and spiritual impact of skin disease on affected children and their families. Dr. Bree served on the NFED’s Scientific Advisory Council from 2006-2019.
Please fill out the following form to access the resource: