This is a recording of a webinar that took place on June 20, 2020.
Dr. Brandon Hopkins addresses numerous topics as to how ectodermal dysplasias can affect the ears and hearing; the nose (airway and sinonasal); oral cavity and throat.
You will learn:
- how ectodermal dysplasias can affect the ears, including the structure, ear infections and hearing
- types, consequences and signs of hearing loss
- types of hearing aids
- how to prevent and treat ear wax build-up
- how ectodermal dysplasias can cause nasal problems including saddle nose, sinusitis and allergic rhinitis
- how to prevent and treat crusty nasal secretions and nose bleeds
- about decrease saliva, its impact on health and how to treat it
- throat issues including hoarseness, dry mouth, difficulty swallowing
- about common respiratory problems in ectodermal dysplasias
- cleft lip and/or palate
- and more
About the Expert
Dr. Hopkins is a pediatric otolaryngologist at the Cleveland Clinic’s Head and Neck Institute.
In addition to the full scope of pediatric otolaryngology-head and neck surgery, he has a special interest in pediatric patients needing complex, coordinated, medical care. He has expertise in the surgical care of patients with cleft and craniofacial abnormalities and the management of pediatric multi-level airway obstruction. He serves on the NFED’s Scientific Advisory Council.
Please fill out the following form to access the resource: