The ectodermal dysplasias are a group of 180+ rare, genetic conditions involving the hair, teeth, nails, glands and skin. Unfortunately, there are no cures for them. We are working to learn more abut the genes the cause them and how to better treat the people they affect. You can help by raising awareness.
Our NFED family needs you to help us tell the world about these rare conditions. Sharing your story and experience with ectodermal dysplasias is one of the most powerful ways you can educate others. Each year, more people know about the ectodermal dysplasias and the NFED. But we have a lot more work to do before it becomes a household name. Together, we are stronger when it comes to increasing awareness and support for our cause.
Ectodermal Dysplasias Awareness Month
Join our ectodermal dysplasias community around the world each February when we unite to celebrate Ectodermal Dysplasias Awareness Month.
Together, we can make a difference in raising awareness of these genetic disorders and increasing understanding.
Educate Your Community
We can help you with activities in your community whether it’s by changing your social media photo, speaking at your church or hosting an awareness event. Contact Jodi at the NFED at 618-566-6875.
Share Ectodermal Dysplasias Facts on Social Media
Help share key facts about the ectodermal dysplasias on your social networks. Education is key to understanding the conditions.
- Learn about the ectodermal dysplasias.
- Learn about the 10 most common ectodermal dysplasias.
- Watch and share this video about what the work the NFED is doing to empower and connect people touched by ectodermal dysplasias.
Share Key Facts
- #EctodermalDysplasias are a group of 180+ rare genetic disorders causing the hair, teeth, nails, glands and skin to develop and function abnormally. #EctodermalDysplasiasAwareness
- #EctodermalDysplasias affects approximately 3.5 out of 10,000 births. #EctodermalDysplasiasAwareness
- The NFED is the worldwide expert on #EctodermalDysplasia. #EctodermalDysplasiasAwareness
Advocate With Us
You have the power to help shape public policy regarding medical benefits for the dental care of ectodermal dysplasias. Learn more how you can advocate and help us get a law that mandates health insurance benefits for the dental care of ectodermal dysplasias.