Heartland Families have organized a social get together. It will be on the weekend of October 27-29 in Bettendorf, Iowa. This town is conveniently located on the border of Illinois and Iowa right off of I-80. There is no registration form or fee, but if you plan on attending, make your room reservation with the hotel directly.
Please email Sue Kluzek, or text at 815-343-8531, the number of people in your family attending. This will ensure that we have enough space reserved for dinner!
We have secured a block of rooms at the Hilton Garden Inn in Bettendorf, Iowa for the low rate of $99 per night for both Friday and Saturday night. Reservations MUST be made by September 27, 2017. Reservations can be made by calling the hotel direct and asking for “NFED Reunion Block” at 1-563-265-2121.
Things to Do
The rate does NOT include breakfast but it is available for purchase at the hotel. Each room also has a refrigerator and microwave. There is also a McDonald’s and Starbucks across the street.
There is an indoor pool and an outdoor social area with a fire pit at the hotel.
Some families are planning to visit the John Deere Pavilion on Saturday morning/afternoon. There is no cost to see the tractors and use the children’s discovery zone. The John Deere Pavilion is only 3 miles away.
We will meet for dinner at the Pizza Ranch at 6 p.m. Saturday, October 28. This restaurant is in the adjacent parking lot of the hotel. Each family will be responsible for paying for their own meal but we have a room reserved so we can be together. There are gluten free options available if needed. You may order off the menu or the Buffet is available for $10.86 per adult with includes soup, salad, pizza, chicken, and dessert.
- Helium Trampoline Park (10.9 Miles)
- Sharky’s Billiards and Bowling, (4.2 Miles)
- John Deere Pavilion (3 Miles)
- Rave Cinemas Davenport 53 + IMAX (2.7 Miles)
- Skate City QCA (7.3 Miles)
- Putnam Museum (6.9 Miles)
- Splash Landing Aquatic Center (1.3 Miles)
- Michael’s Fun World (8.7 Miles)
- Niabi Zoo (9.9 Miles)
- Davenport Skate Park (4.9 Miles)
- Bettendorf Skate Park (1.3 Miles)
- Crow Creek Park (5 Miles)
- Vander Veer Park (3.5 Miles)
- Vander Veer Botanical Garden (6.3 Miles)
- Middle Park & Disc Golf (1.3 Miles)
- West Lake (18 Miles)
- Quad City River Bandits Baseball Modern Woodmen Park (4.9 Miles)
- Celebration Belle River Cruise (3 Miles)
- Figge Art Museum (4.6 Miles)
- QC Family Entertainment (5.7 Miles)
- Family Museum (1.4 Miles)
Fall Time Fun
- Country Corners Farm/Orchard & Corn Maze (24.9 Miles)
- Pride of the Wapsi Corn Maze & Pumpkin Patch (19.1 Miles)
- Apple Fest -10/8 (14.3 Miles)
- Factory of Fear (4.9 Miles)
- Terror Skellington Manor (6.2 Miles)
- Shock House (5.5 Miles)
- QC Haunted Forest (16.5 Miles)