We are excited to announce a special promotion for Ectodermal Dysplasias Awareness Month! Knowing your diagnosis and what specific type of ectodermal dysplasias affects you or your loved one is helpful in understanding your prognosis and the impact on your family. But, many families with ectodermal dysplasias do not know their type.
Thanks to GeneDx, provide five lucky winners with a free genetic test! Winners will be responsible for having a physician order the test and any costs associated with that physician’s appointment.
GeneDx will conduct a XomeDxSlice test (valued at $3,000) for ectodermal dysplasia which includes analysis of the 75 genes currently known to cause ectodermal dysplasias. Certain changes, additions, or deletions of the DNA in the 75 genes negatively affect gene function and lead to ectodermal dysplasias.
To be eligible,
- You or the person in your family must have two or more of the following ectodermal derivatives affected: hair, teeth, nails, sweat glands, skin.
- You must be registered with the National Foundation for Ectodermal Dysplasias (NFED). If you are not sure if you are, complete this form plus the form below.
- Only one winner per household is allowed.
- Winners must schedule their appointment with a geneticist by April 30, 2020. (This doesn’t mean you have the appointment by that date, only that you contacted the geneticist and scheduled one.)
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C. (excluding New York and Florida) who are at least age 18 (or the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence, whichever is older) on entry. Sweepstakes Period is from 8:00 a.m. Central Standard Time (CST) on 2/20/20 through 11:59 p.m. CST on 2/27/20. To enter: visit https://www.nfed.org/events/free-genetic-test-giveaway during the Promotion Period and complete the sweepstakes registration form. Five winners will be selected by random drawing to each receive one XomeDxSlice genetic testing kit (Approximate Retail Value: $3,000 each). Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries. Void where prohibited. Sweepstakes subject to Official Rules. Details and restrictions apply, so read Official Rules. Sponsor: National Foundation for Ectodermal Dysplasias.
How to Enter
- To enter, complete the form below by 11:59 p.m. CST, Thursday, Feb. 27, 2020.
- Only one entry per person allowed.
Announcement of Winners
We will notify the five winners by email on Monday, March 2, 2020. To maintain the privacy of people who win, we will not be sharing their names publicly.
If you have questions, contact Becky at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank GeneDx for their generous donation and support.