We know that you may have found the National Foundation for Ectodermal Dysplasias (NFED) after searching for your own or a loved one’s symptoms. If you suspect you or your loved one is affected by ectodermal dysplasia, the next step is to find a doctor who can formally diagnose you.
Find a Doctor
- Contact us. We can provide you with a list of doctors in your area. Our list is comprised of names that families affected by ectodermal dysplasias have recommended. We do not endorse or recommend any one physician.
- Use the National Institute of Health’s (NIH) physician locator to find a knowledgeable geneticist in your area.
- The National Society of Genetic Counselors has a database that you can search for a counselor near you.
- Make an appointment with a geneticist at a university hospital near you.
- Ask your primary doctor for a referral to a geneticist.
- Call the doctor referral service at your local hospital.
- Consult your insurance provider for a listing of geneticists.