Wow! Can you believe it is February already? We all know what happens in February – Valentine’s Day, Ground Hog Day, the Super Bowl.
But more importantly, it is Ectodermal Dysplasias Awareness Month, #EDAM2016. This month, we are striving to raise the positive awareness of this condition which affects an estimated 2 in 10,000 births.
The 2016 theme is “Be Heard. Inspire Others. Be Yourself.” We encourage you to always BE YOURSELF and do not let ectodermal dysplasias define you. We have a memorable month planned but we still need one key ingredient: YOU!
We need you to Speak Up for Ectodermal Dysplasias! We have the tools and resources to make your participation easy and free.
Please check out the Ectodermal Dysplasias Awareness Month Page on the NFED website for details. Here are some ways you can BE HEARD while you INSPIRE OTHERS:
- Watch and share our brand new video!
- Share your story. Tell your story to anyone who will listen.
- Like, share, retweet, and pin our posts.
- Download our Social Media Guide for sample posts you can do all month.
- Write blog posts about the ectodermal dysplasias.
- Hang fliers around your neighborhood.
- Talk to dentists around your area.
- Learn and share the facts of ectodermal dysplasias.
- Hold fundraisers or an awareness both.
- Wear your NFED gear.
- Attend or support events.
- Create your own video and post online.
- Follow the DIY Calendar and for a different idea for every day.
- Send press releases to your local media.
- Read more on our Awareness Month page.
Most importantly, always smile, show the joy in your heart, and BE YOURSELF! Let’s speak up and tell the world about ectodermal dysplasias – together.
Be sure and post your activities on our Facebook page or email us.
If you have any questions, email or call me at 618-566-6875.
Other Posts to check out:Share Your Story