The American Academy of Dermatology’s (AAD) sponsors a free camp for children ages 8-16 who have a chronic skin disease called Camp Discovery. We know that children affected by ectodermal dysplasias have attended in the past and enjoyed it.
Every summer, the AAD sponsors six weeks of camp in five locations. The camp includes activities such as fishing, swimming, archery, horseback riding and nature trails. Your child can spend a week with other young people with various skin conditions while having fun. The campers are under the expert care of dermatologists and nurses.
The AAD cover all costs, including transportation. Your dermatologist must refer you if you are interested in attending.
Dates and Locations
- June 18-23, 2017, Crosslake, Minnesota – for children ages 8-13
- July 2-7, 2017, Crosslake, Minnesota – for children ages 14-16
- August 6-11, 2017, Burton, Texas – for children ages 8-16
- August 12-18, 2017, Millville, Pennsylvania – for children ages 8-16
- August 13-19, 2017, Andover, Connecticut – for children ages 8-16